Social media contests are a great way to grow your follower base, expand traffic and increase user engagement. It’s an amazing way for your brand to interact with fans and build a strong, engaged and loyal community.
Social media contests can help you:
- Grow Your Social Media Presence
- Increase Website Traffic
- Build Your Email List
- Build Your Brand Reputation
- Boost User Engagement
- Convert Followers Into Loyal Brand Advocates
- Convert Followers Into Qualified Leads And Sales
- Market An Upcoming Product Or Service
- Gather User-generated Content
- Collect Feedback To Improve Product Quality
How To Host A Contest
1. Define Your Primary Purpose
What’s your end goal? A great place to start is the list above.
2. Define Your Target Audience
Who do you want to participate in the contest? Do you want them sharing the contest with their friends/followers, who are those people? Defining your audience helps you consolidate your efforts towards what you know specifically caters to your audience.
3. Pick the Right Prize
The perfect prize will help you build your brand reputation. Do you want to be known for your generosity? Do you want to be known for the quality of your products? Your prize should always serve your primary purpose.
4. Clearly Define Your Contest Rules
Your rules serve a few purposes: they help your participants know what’s expected of them, and an added benefit is your rules can also help you achieve your primary purpose. Do you want to gather user-generated content? One of the rules might be posting a picture of themselves using your product. Do you want to boost engagement? One of the rules could be leaving a comment or following your page.
5. Celebrate Your Winners
Drum up excitement and leave your audience wanting more.