Confessions of an Agency Innovation Leader It's all smoke and mirrors to get money
An insightful interview hit Digiday on Friday, diving into the world of agency innovation labs.
Advertising is awash with agencies proclaiming their love for startups and all things innovation, but all too often, there’s not much behind the fancy talk. In our latest Confessions, in which we exchange anonymity for honesty, the former innovation boss for a well-known advertising agency reveals why so many creative shops roll out innovation labs.
Here are some key questions that are answered:
- There’s so much talk about why innovation is important to agencies. Why are so many not taking it seriously?
- So agencies are using innovation to mask shortcomings elsewhere in the business?
- How can agencies fix that issue?
If you find yourself in these types of situations, please don’t ever hesitate to give our team a call. We’re experts in the shiny new toys and we love to help.
- 7 Interesting Digital Marketing Stats That Got Our Attention Read more
- Abstract: It’s Like Github for Designers Read more
- Apple Rolls Out New Emoji for World Emoji Day Read more
- Twitter Follow of the Week Read more
Nike will sell sneakers directly on Instagram.
Can an AI running coach get you off the couch?
Google bans annoying ‘pop-unders’.
Voice first user base just grew by millions in one day.
Tech giants are fighting to defend net neutrality. Are you?
Subway’s high-tech redesign is…meh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
🏆 Site of the Week
Not new this week, but something to celebrate none-the-less. KFC launched a sandwich in space. Probably the only place I’d try it. 🐔
🖥 Cool Products
We’re not surfers, but this is amazing. It’s a dock in the middle of the ocean. Not exactly sure what it’s attached to, but who cares! 🏄
😍 Apps We Love
Hemingway – a nice desktop app to add to your arsenal. Stop writing complex sentences no one will be able to follow, unless that’s your thing, in which case, carry on.
🎧 Weekly Mixtape
Had to throw in 3eb after seeing them in concert this weekend. It’s been 20 years since their debut album. “Motorcycle Drive By” has stood the test of time. 🎧